Newcastle uni to house new research hub for iron ore industry
Newcastle University is to turn the University Centre of Excellence for Research into a research hub for the iron ore industry.
The universi우리카지노ty has agreed to move from its current premises and will start planning for the redevelopment of a former steel mills building and the development of several adjacent buildings on its land.
Professor Andrew Smith, director of Newcastle University’s research area, said he was thrilled Newcastle University has agreed to provide the area at Haulow Hill Road – and other parts of Newcastle Road – with a research centre.
“The plans for the University Centre of Excellence for Research will be based around research facilities including the existing research site on College Street,” Professor Smith said.
“The proposed facility will provide a centre specifically focused on the development of new techniques for exploring the processes and materials that form the bulk of the world’s iron ore deposits.”
The university will also start its first major project in the area to assist the new research projects with the construction of the new research centre.
The university is already the first university in the north to get the go ahead to build new research facilities into the site of old Ironfields steel mill, which opened in 1854.
University spokesman Geoff St바카라oddart said: “Research projects across New South Wales have long been the focus of our investment, including a long-range plan for a new campus in Lismore, including the construction of the world’s largest computer database of information sciences. We have the potential to help drive technological advances in many important areas and 더킹카지노our new location at Haulow Hill Road will make that happen.”
Newcastle University’s proposed investment in the building that will house the new research centre includes:
– A total of 2.5 million square feet of ground floor retail space (including the existing building) for the company’s local and regional operations
– The construction of a further 2.5 million square feet of ground floor retail space, with further office space within a 1-2 storey building (to become part of the new research facility)
– New roofing and roofing-reinforced concrete for the construction of new roofings at Haulow Hill Road and the surrounding site
– A new 5,000 sq metre parking garage for local and regional operations, and further office space on the site
– A 500 sq m roofing and foundation for Haulow Hill Road
– A 600 square metre roof for the building to be dedicated as part o