Partners with one individual who’s HIV-positive and one who is HIV-negative are sometimes called “serodiscordant” or “mixed serostatus”. “Sero-” describes blood serum. “Serostatus” makes reference to whether someone possess HIV disease or not. HIV isn’t initial topic which comes up when the majority of partners beginning matchmaking. May very well not understand the HIV updates of your own mate. You do not have even already been tried your self. It could be very hard to share HIV status. Read truth layer 204 for a few tactics.
Folks in mixed-status relationships face all the same products as different people. But there are several added problem:
- The HIV-positive mate might give attention to maybe not infecting their mate. The HIV-negative partner may concentrate on looking after your partner. This could easily trigger a significant diminished stability from inside the connection.
- HIV can cause changes in the body (see reality sheet 553.) Anti-HIV medications have annoying side-effects. This may supply the HIV-positive spouse adverse ideas regarding their human anatomy in addition to their wellness. It may be tough to think appealing and also an ordinary partnership.
- Concern with transmitting HIV could cause an excess of care. This may actually stop all intercourse. Overview the following reality sheets:
- 150: Stopping the scatter of HIV
- 151: Less Dangerous Gender Recommendations
- 152: How Dangerous Will It Be?
Try to have actually open talks regarding your desires, their concerns, along with your limitations. Agree with ways of intimate expression that suit making use of the amount of chances you are more comfortable with. Talking to a sexual or commitment counselor can. 继续阅读Partners With Mixed HIV Updates. WHAT ARE THE SPECIALIZED ISSUES FOR MIXED PEOPLE?