Floor coverings in modern design are represented by many different substances, many of which resemble natural timber in their own characteristics. The leading position among this chic variety is accepted by tiles . It is manufactured artificially using natural raw materials. Due to the rich selection of textures and colors, such floors look spectacular and stylish, and fit with almost any style of room design.
Benefits and disadvantages
The huge demand for flooring tiles under laminate is explained not only by their own presentable appearance, but also by a number of advantages. Porcelain stoneware is significantly different from traditional ceramics and natural solid wood, therefore it’s often employed as the primary element for decorating floors.
One of the positive properties of this material could be distinguished:
- Reliability in operation. The coat does not wear off and doesn’t lose its attractiveness even after 50 years;
- security in application. The boards are resistant to high temperature fluctuations, they do not catch fire;
- neutrality to compound influences. The material is impermeable to water, so it is not a favorable spot for the formation of fungus and mould;
- superb thermal insulation. Such coatings are Acceptable for the system”warm floor”, as they contain clay, which in high temperature Can conduct heat ;
aesthetics. In appearance, the tiles aren’t poor to floors made of pure stone or wood.
However ideal this substance is, it isn’t devoid of downsides.
The main disadvantages of synthetic laminate may include:
- The large price. The product, that may last over a dozen decades is pricey, but in performance, these costs are sure to pay off;
- low rates of noise insulation.
So far, tile https://1popechi.ru/ below the laminate is produced of 2 types: ceramic and porcelain stoneware. The first version of the coating is obtained by the technologies of monocottura.
This type of product is distinguished by high strength, resistance to moisture and vapors, nicely withstands mechanical loads.
Additionally, the ceramic floor is frost-resistant, but its outside coating is subject to wear and tear over time.
As for porcelain stoneware, it’s produced from special varieties of mineral and clay impurities, whose composition is similar to that of natural stone. The result is a durable and beautiful ending substance.
The 2 types of boards exactly replicate the proportions and measurements of the floorboard. Rectangular shapes are the most common, but sometimes square ones are readily available.